RESPONSIBLE TO: Youth Services Program Coordinator
This position is responsible to allow youth to gain first-hand exposure to career opportunities in the emergency and justice fields.
- Establish effective relationships with youth participants to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Provide mentoring in a classroom setting monthly to the youth participants.
- Offer suggestions on additional resources and address other relevant needs as they arise.
- Discuss career path and help encourage youth to explore it.
- Provide regular communication/updates to the Program Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a diverse population within the 14 to 21 age range.
- A relevant combination of education and work experience.
- Must undergo LifeBridge’s background check as well as a DCF background check.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate a positive, problem – solver approach.
- Must be a team player.
- Must complete mentor training.
- Embraces and exhibits conduct consistent with the mission and values of LifeBridge Community Services.
- A sensitivity to the population that we serve.