Director of Behavioral Health
To provide psychiatric evaluation including psychopharmacological assessment and treatment services to Adults, Adolescents and Children.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations for purposes of diagnosis, disability determination, medication evaluation, and need for emergency inpatient hospitalization or long term nursing home care for clients, who receive services from the Agency’s mental health
- Assume clinical responsibility for the psychiatric diagnosis and ongoing psychopharmacological management of clients.
- Provide clinical supervision to Advanced Practice Registered Nursing interns.
- Consult with and provide training to clinicians and other support staff.
- Evaluate the need and ongoing efficacy of psychotropic medication for clients.
- Provide telephone consultation to clinicians regarding emergency situations, insofar as possible and appropriate.
- Participate in case conferencing of difficult to engage and treatment refractory clients.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Complete necessary paperwork, including progress notes, medication management records and insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Current State of Connecticut Department of Public Heath License.
- Board Certified as a Clinical Specialist.
- Federal and State Controlled Substance Registration Certification
- Experience working with adolescents, children and diverse populations.
- Suboxone/Buprenorphine Waiver preferred