RESPONSIBLE TO: Youth Program Director
This position is for part-time employment. We are seeking a part-time instructor to deliver curriculum-based training to youth and young adults, during two six week cohorts, per the guidelines of specific grants or initiatives. The curriculum includes basic programming and technology training.
1. Provide 12 to 15 hours per week of direct instruction in basic programming languages utilizing Alice and Greenfoot curricula.
2. Deliver program specific training curricula to participants.
3. Participate in administration, proctoring, and interpreting standardized assessments and certification examinations, as appropriate.
4. Use effective teaching practices and follow competency-based and project-based curricula.
5. Maintain student records and data to track student progress and retention.
6. Assist with the provision of necessary supportive services.
7. Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one year experience working with youth.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring and training youth and young adults.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Proficient in digital literacy, Microsoft Office, and Internet navigation and safety.
- Success in simplifying and communicating complex ideas and tasks.
- Ability to work within a team concept.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Good organizational, oral and written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com