RESPONSIBLE TO: FSE Operations Manager
The Relief Café Manager must ensure that the highest standards of food safety are consistently adhered to, and handle multiple daily tasks in an accurate and timely manner. The Relief Café Manager must interact effectively with the program participants and the volunteers who help support the success of the Cafes. The Relief Café Manager will fill in at lunch sites when regular Café Managers are out sick or on vacation.
1. Supervise the daily ordering, serving, and clean-up of meals in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Maintain a meal reservation system in accordance with program rules and regulations and assist in enrolling new program participants.
3. Consistently interact with all program participants in a courteous and respectful manner to ensure their confidence and trust in the FSE Program and LifeBridge.
4. Review all program participant requests and determine the appropriate action.
5. Handle all program participant complaints promptly.
6. Report any identified social or health needs to the Operations Manager.
7. Respect the confidentiality of program participants.
8. Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
9. Order supplies as needed, in an accurate and timely manner
1. Oversee and supervise the daily activities of onsite volunteers.
Money and Data Management
1. Accurately record and account for all donations and monies received onsite and forward them on a daily basis to the LifeBridge office in accordance with the policy and procedure manual.
2. Accurately maintain required daily attendance, meal temperature and meal evaluations records and forward them on a weekly basis to the LifeBridge office.
1. Be knowledgeable of and consistently adhere to all policy and procedure guidelines in the Café Manager’s Manual.
2. Consistently adhere to all federal and state mandated regulations to ensure food safety.
3. Accept food from the caterer, and assess that the quantity and quality are as ordered
4. Take the temperature of the food at the time of delivery and again when the food is served.
5. On the appropriate form, record the client’s reaction to the food and complaints about the food, if any, on a daily basis.
6. Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of equipment.
7. Adhere to all LifeBridge policies and procedures.
8. Consistently maintain an honest and respectful working relationship with all LifeBridge staff.
1. Attend meetings as requested.
2. Participate in ongoing job related training as requested.
3. Maintain up-to-date skills on data entry procedures.
4. Recommend improvements that impact efficiency and/or cost savings, and implement them as directed.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population, especially with the elderly.
- High School graduate or equivalent with a record of continued learning.
- Clean criminal history.
- Impeccable integrity and possess the ability to use good judgment.
- Consistently reliable, flexible, and posses the ability to work under deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to consistently maintain attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to supervise volunteers.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak English fluently, bilingual is a plus.
- Present with a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Experience in food handling, food preparation and food serving, elderly nutrition and/or similar work experience.
- Experience in management of congregate meals sites and QFO (Qualified Food Operator) certification a plus.