LifeBridge is pleased to announce that it has merged with BCAC, effective February 1, 2017.
BCAC’s mission and important work will remain unchanged, and it will now operate at 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport, as Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition: The Center for Research and Advocacy at LifeBridge Community Services.
For more information about BCAC, visit: bcacct.org to download a copy of the State of the Child in Bridgeport 2016 Report click here.
WHO WE ARE
The Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition is a coalition of organizations, parents, and other concerned individuals committed to improving the well-being of Bridgeport’s children and families through research, education, advocacy, and mobilization.
BCAC helps the Greater Bridgeport community take concerted action. Equipped with facts and statistics, BCAC mobilizes parents, community leaders, clergy and service providers to advocate for policy and systems change to improve life for children and families, particularly for Bridgeport’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
HOW WE WORK
The Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition works to improve the well-being of children by:
- Leading collaboratively
- Acting as an information clearinghouse
- Organizing our broader community
- Employing facts, analytical tools, and proven best practices
- Highlighting Bridgeport’s strengths
WHAT WE DO
We work to create a community in which all children:
- Are safe, supported, and healthy
- Receive a high-quality education at every stage
- Grow up in families that are economically independent and secure
Previous achievements include:
- Securing federal funding to expand children’s mental health services in Bridgeport
- Launching a school breakfast and lunch program in the Bridgeport public schools
- Advocating for additional affordable-housing apartments in the city
- Assisting thousands of families to secure Access Health CT and HUSKY state healthcare
- Producing dozens of reports on the State of the Child, health equity, school suspensions, and various other topics
Currently, we are focused on the areas of health, education, and civic education.
If you share the Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition’s vision that all children of Bridgeport and the region deserve the nurturing and supports needed to achieve their full potential, please join us.
Contact us at 203.368.4291 to discuss these opportunities and learn more or visit: www.bcacct.org