We move individuals and families from crisis to stability in their daily life, making it possible for them to pursue financial, educational training, and employment goals.
The Community Closet is located in the basement of the LifeBridge main building located at 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport CT 06605
Renovations are complete and we are opening for LifeBridge Community Service clients only. Community Closet hours:
Tuesdays, 3:30 – 6:00 (donations and shopping)
Wednesdays, 9:30 am – noon (donations only)
Thursdays, 9:30 am – noon (shopping only)
We will continue to operate the Diaper Bank distribution throughout the year if you are already enrolled. Clients will be limited to three outfits per family member once per calendar month. Clients can receive a community closet pass through our receptionist. st.
Other places in the community that offer similar services include:
BRIDGEPORT RESCUE MISSION
1088 Fairfield Avenue, Bridgeport
Mon and Thurs 2 to 3:30pm
For Women and Children
1037 Sylvan Avenue, Bridgeport
165 Ocean Terrace, Bridgeport
Mon – Sat 9am – 9pm
Sun 10am – 7pm
PERSON TO PERSON
1864 Post Road, Darien CT 06820
You must call to make an appointment to shop
BRIDGEPORT RESCUE MISSION • 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Bridgeport • Tues – Sat 9am to 5pm (will only take food or clothing donations)
GOODWILL • 165 Ocean Terrace, Bridgeport • Mon – Sat 8am – 9pm • Sun – 9am – 7pm
PERSON TO PERSON • 1864 Post Road, Darien CT 06820• 203-655-0048• Donations are accepted M-F 9am-4pm (only clothing donations)
We cannot pick up items and do not arrange delivery.
Contact Information: Cynthia Campos • 203-368-5630 • ccampos@LifeBridgeCT.org
OPERATION FUEL INTAKE SITE GUIDELINES
Operation Fuel is a private, statewide nonprofit program that provides emergency energy assistance to lower-income working families and elderly residents.
- Clients must have one of the following:
- Shut-off notice
- No utility service
- Need assistance making a required payment in order to keep a payment arrangement.
- Have a past-due balance of 30 days or more.
- Client must not have received an Operation Fuel grant during the previous 12-month period in which they are applying. If client has received the HIPP grant of $1000 from the eviction prevention programs administered at LifeBridge Community Services, then they are not eligible for a 3-year period.
- Client has made at least 4 payments within the previous 12-months and one of the payments must have been made during the winter months. Client cannot make the 4 payments within one month. They must show a pattern of payments.
- Household income cannot exceed 60% of the State Medium Income.
- The maximum amount of the grant is $500.
- All final approvals and payments are made by Operation Fuel staff; not LifeBridge Community Services.
- Client must provide a shut-off notice, or utility bill that is 30 days past due.
- Client must provide a payment history provided by the utility company.
- Client must provide documentation of income of all household members. Earned income must be within the last 4 weeks.
Services provided by appointment only; no walk-ins allowed.
Please contact Diane Geisert, 203-368-5594 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information: Maxine Boykin • 203-368-5543 • mboykin@LifeBridgeCT.org