LifeBridge Community Services, an innovative multi-service, multi-sited nonprofit organization serving Greater Bridgeport, Lower Fairfield County, and New Haven Connecticut, is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as President & CEO. Our mission is to empower people to build a brighter future. Please see www.lifebridgect.org.
At 168 years old, LifeBridge is one of the oldest and most comprehensive private, nonprofit human service agencies in Connecticut. We achieve our mission by linking flexible, innovative programs to restore personal capability, develop skills and build a pathway to economic self-sufficiency. This year approximately 17,000 low-income individuals and families turned to LifeBridge to help them develop successful strategies to achieve lasting change and a brighter, more secure future.
LifeBridge understands that people affected by poverty are challenged by a range of complex social, economic, and health issues, and that their plight affects the quality of life and stability of the communities in which they live. We have learned that meaningful change requires sustained, multi-dimensional support tailored to the varied and complex needs of our clients and families. We deliver our comprehensive services through five core programs:
Behavioral Health – LifeBridge helps adults, youths, and families by providing the tools that strengthen their ability to cope, adapt, and overcome challenges. Our comprehensive services support people struggling with personal issues, family challenges, domestic violence, trauma, loss and unemployment.
Social Enterprises – Deaf Outreach/Interpreting Services provides medical, educational, business, legal and community-based interpreting throughout Connecticut as well as on-site case management for deaf and hard- of-hearing individuals of all ages. Food Services and FreshConnections provide essential services to some of our region’s most vulnerable individuals. We provide nutritious home delivered meals to low-income, homebound elderly and disabled people in the Greater New Haven area and affordable fresh fruit and vegetables in food desert areas where many of Bridgeport’s poorest people live and work.
Economic Empowerment Center offers integrated education and services to help individuals and families acquire the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to achieve financial stability and greater economic self-sufficiency.
Youth Services – At-risk youths referred by the state receive intensive case management, life skill and work readiness training, budget counseling, remedial math and reading assistance, job coaching and access to work internships or entry-level employment.
Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition (BCAC) is a coalition of organizations and concerned individuals committed to improving the well-being of Bridgeport’s children through research, education, advocacy and mobilization.
LifeBridge has an annual budget of $11 million, 220 culturally competent staff and a strong cadre of volunteers. Funding is provided by government grants and contracts, program revenue, charitable contributions, and events.
This exciting position offers the opportunity to lead and grow an essential and effective agency with a vital mission, working with a committed and talented 31-member Board of Directors.
Leadership, Management and Governance
- Support and enhance board membership and effectiveness;
- Strengthen LifeBridge’s financial position and ensure consistently high operational performance;
- Lead, develop, motivate, evaluate and retain high-performance senior managers and staff teams;
- Advocate for LifeBridge and its clients, maintaining productive relationships with public officials and agencies and community leaders.
- Identify and act on resource development opportunities including a variety of fundraising avenues;
- Grow LifeBridge’s involvement in social enterprise/fee-for-service models;
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, affiliations and mergers;
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, and funders;
- Refine all aspects of communications, marketing and use of social media.
Planning and Programs
- Clarify and re-validate the Vision and Mission;
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals;
- Ensure delivery of effective programs. Oversee rigorous program evaluation to ensure professional standards of practice and to improve and measure outcomes.
- Passionate commitment to LifeBridge’s mission and the community we serve;
- Understanding of the services provided by LifeBridge, particularly behavioral health;
- Proven leadership and management strength;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Proven revenue development success;
- Creativity and comfort driving and managing change;
- Strong financial skills and experience;
- Senior-level experience managing operations and staff;
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and program evaluation;
- Ability to set and achieve strategic objectives;
- Experience working with a board of directors;
- Persuasive communicator with strong written and verbal skills;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
- Familiarity with state funding dynamics a plus;
- Advanced degree required.
To apply in confidence:
Please send resume and cover letter to Susan Egmont, Egmont Associates, at email@example.com.