RESPONSIBLE TO: Coordinator, Community Closet
BASIC FUNCTION: This position is responsible to provide support in the management and daily operations.
- Assist with entering client information into the data base including new referrals and shopping visits.
- Assist with check in of clients to the Community Closet or Diaper Bank.
- Assist customers, as needed. Respond respectfully to customer questions and concerns.
- Conduct client satisfaction surveys and enter survey data into Survey Monkey if needed.
- Take direction on how to appropriately handle difficult and challenging situations.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to donor when providing assistance in bringing their donations to the Closet.
- Sort incoming donations and place them in the appropriate location, i.e., plastic bins or shopping area, for the benefit of shoppers, as directed by the coordinator.
- Stock merchandise, assuring proper display, cleanliness, and organization.
- Arrange merchandise in compliance with building and fire codes as directed by the Coordinator.
- Assist in the seasonal change of merchandise including the donation of aged inventory.
- Conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embraces and exhibits conduct consistent with the mission and values of LifeBridge Community Services.
- A sensitivity to the population that we serve.
- Ability to enter information carefully and accurately into a database upon completion of training.
- Dependable- reliable, responsible, and able to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Ability to maintain self-control, maintain composure, keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior.
- Concern for others, being sensitive to others needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Ability to tolerate stress, accepting constructive criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
- Cooperative, the ability to be cooperative with others and display a good natured attitude.
- Possess integrity, being honest and ethical.
- Service orientation, actively looking for way to help people and a willingness to learn proper customer service.
- Willingness to learn methods for showing and promoting merchandise.
- Motivated and a self-starter.
- Conversation English skills; bilingual skills helpful.