RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition
BASIC FUNCTION: The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and research support to the BCAC staff.
- Provide administrative assistance and support as needed on on-going basis.
- Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics related to the well-being of children and families in Bridgeport.
- Assist in the development of reports, policy briefs, fact sheets, State of the Child Report as well as support for school-based and community trainings.
- Attend meetings, forums, or events as a representative of BCAC / LifeBridge and share information about events with staff.
- Assist staff by conducting legislative research, tracking local, state and federal legislation.
- Keep staff abreast of trends in education reform, juvenile justice, health and other BCAC areas of focus.
- Support staff by tracking and updating BCAC social media matrix and broadening the potential social media reach.
- Support staff in developing the 2018 Legislative Agenda as well as well as coordinating our Bridgeport Votes initiative.
- Work efficiently and effectively to successfully and accurately complete various projects directed by BCAC staff.
- Provide other support to Senior Director, Policy Analyst and staff as needed.
- Available to consistently work 3 to 6 hours per week for at least 10-12 weeks
- Embraces and exhibits conduct consistent with the mission and values of LifeBridge Community Services
- Sensitivity to the population that we serve
- Excellent research, verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain strong commitment to client confidentiality
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to a wide variety of situations