FreshConnections’ mission is to provide affordable fresh produce to customers at convenient neighborhood distribution sites twice a month. Additionally, customer outreach activities at the distribution sites will include healthy eating education events, cooking classes and other relevant demonstrations, and opportunities for questions and answers.
We are presently recruiting to fill the per diem position of Food Distribution Associate, initially working up to 15 hours per week, with likely expansion up to 30 hours per week, based on business demands. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The compensation rate for this position is $12.00 per hour.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the handling and processing of all produce; the delivery of all prepared boxes to the distribution sites; and ensuring that the preparation site is always well-maintained.
- Drive to both distribution and Fresh Connections events
- Possess strong calculative and mathematical skills.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with a diverse set of clients in an encouraging and non-judgmental manner.
- Possess the strength and agility to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and fulfill all physical requirements of the job.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, including program partners and vendors, and maintain them over time.
- Work effectively as a team member and also work independently. Be reliable, prompt and possess a willingness to be flexible.
- Possess a valid CT drivers’ license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Have clean criminal, driver and sex offender records.
- 2 to 3 years’ driving experience, food distribution experience and bilingual skills preferred.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by mail to LifeBridge Community Services, Human Resources Department, 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport CT 06605.