LifeBridge knows the coronavirus is a concern for everybody as we see the impact COVID-19 is having both globally and locally. LifeBridge has not had any cases of COVID-19 and we are working proactively to keep LifeBridge clients, volunteers, and staff safe as we address the coronavirus pandemic. We are monitoring information shared by the CDC and our local government to assure that we are following guidelines. We are doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19.
After examining the risks to all, we have made the decision to support social distancing by suspending face-to-face sessions and will be providing support via telephone as needed until May 1. We are reaching out to individual clients with specific information. We are limiting the number of staff in the building to essential staff only and will be providing updates to our operations via our website and social media. We will continue to share resources available in the community via our Facebook page.
- If you have concerns about your behavioral health needs or your medication, call LifeBridge’s main number, 203-368-4291, and follow the prompts.
- All case management and work skill services will be suspended in the following programs: Community Support Services, Ryan White, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, WorkSkills, and Victims of Crime Act. Clients with urgent needs can contact an on-call manager by calling the main number, 203-368-4291, and following the prompts.
- The Urban Scholars Program will restart after Bridgeport schools are in session.
- We will continue to provide Meals on Wheels, with strict adherence with CDC and safety recommendations.
- Deaf Interpreting Services will continue to be provided. Call 888-676-8554 to reach Interpreting Services.
- The Community Closet will be closed until May 4.
Our building is no longer open to the public. Earlier, in response to the coronavirus, we increased the stringent cleaning and sanitizing of our facilities. In addition, we provided staff members with hand sanitizers and hand wipes to maintain a safe environment throughout the day. We will continue to practice stringent cleaning practices.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- Please practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Please take precautions to stay healthy, for yourself and those around you. Working together, we can reduce the risk.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us through our main number, 203-368-4291.
Alan J. Mathis