Full time position (35 hrs/week). The Communications and Marketing Manager is a member of the Marketing and Fund Development Team. The manager is responsible for internal and external marketing and messaging of agency’s mission and strategy to target audiences and the community at large. This position will coordinate the volunteer program, providing agency hands on experiences to LifeBridge supporters. The Communications and Marketing Manager needs to have a thorough understanding of the agency mission, strategy, programs, and clientele served. The Communications and Marketing Manager helps to cultivate and recognize donors as well as maintain strong relationships with friends of LifeBridge.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement an annual comprehensive communication strategy and plan, including but not limited to the annual report, LifeBridge website, e-newsletters, events and programs, press releases, media spots, and talking points for executive staff speeches and remarks.
• Develop an annual calendar of events and activities based on the agency’s calendar and communications plan.
• Oversee and ensure LifeBridge Community Services branding is consistent across all internal and external materials.
• Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of all fundraising and community outreach events including managing outside services and vendors for events, facilities, catering, signage, displays, printing, audio-visual equipment, special requirements, and other event needs.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in public relations or communications) with a minimum three-years of experience in a related position.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, editing and speaking.
• Strong interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism and ability to build relationships with internal and external audiences.
• Ability to anticipate project needs, help set work priorities, multi-task and work independently to accomplish projects.
• Proficient in latest versions of Word Press, Microsoft Office Suite as well as some graphic design programs such as Adobe CS programs; Photoshop, Illustrator, Pagemaker or equivalent. Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• A valid Connecticut driver’s license and reliable, available transportation.
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.