Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports: President & Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Financial Officer is a key member of an integrated, multidisciplinary executive management team. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of financial operations of the company including but not limited to financial analysis, planning and controls, cash management, budgeting and forecasting, accounting, compliance, internal audit and reporting.
The CFO role is to manage financial operations in a manner that allows the organization to realize short and longer term goals and objectives. At LifeBridge, the CFO is a strategic critical thinker and problem solver that drives performance. The CFO is expected to develop a strong understanding of the program operations, facility management, marketing and fund development in order to maximize reimbursements, leverage resources and minimize expenses.
LifeBridge participates in an IT collaborative with two longstanding family and child-focused serving agencies in lower Fairfield County. The CFO will provide performance reports and recommendations to the CEO on the IT program. When this responsibility is discharged successfully the IT program will be aligned with and actively support the achievement of agency short and longer term strategic goals and objectives. Technology is expected to improve all facets of performance at LifeBridge.
- Prepares the monthly financial statements and reports that accurately describes the organization’s performance. The statements/reports are accompanied by a (non-technical) written commentary that fosters clarity, engagement and feedback among the diverse set of end users. Monthly narrative will focus on corrective actions required to manage to the desired results.
- Develops and periodically revises internal controls to prevent and or detect waste, fraud, abuse or misuse of funds. Provides regular oversight of staff and processes to ensure adherence to internal controls and to detect errors or breaches.
- Manages the fee for service claims payment and reporting processes and staff that carry out these functions to ensure maximum collection and when required conducts analysis to determine first party payment rates for LB services subject to approval of the CEO.
- Manages the organization’s enrollment in health insurance panels which reimburse LB for fee for service behavioral health counseling and acts as the organization’s repository for information on billing and coding in order to maximize revenues. Works with the Chief Operating Officer to conduct training on fee for service revenue maximization.
- Manages the annual operating and capital budget process linked to achieving the organization’s strategic and operational goals and objectives. Structures the process in such a manner that provides transparency, discussion and analysis from senior staff and program directors.
- Manages the work related to preparing accurate and timely completion of the annual audit, tax filings, 990 forms and related documents. Prepares financial reports for federal, state and local governmental funding sources in accordance with required standards.
- Works in collaboration with the development and operational management to prepare all budget and financial reports used in grant/contract submission and status reports. Develops and executes strategies to leverage and maximize funding resulting in sufficient margin to produce positive net income on the P/L.
- Works with management and staff end users to determine how IT solutions can enhance worker productivity, client satisfaction and enhance revenue generation. The Technology Officer is not required to develop technical solutions or to implement them directly.
- Reviews actual IT performance verses plan and works with the IT Director, hired by the collaborative, to ensure a consistently high level of satisfaction.
- Works to influence the proposed annual IT plans and reviews the final plans and contracts before signature by LB’s CEO.
- Eight years of senior management experience in non-profit/public finance in a complex environment with multiple funding streams (federal, state, local and local grants; private donor and foundation grants; 1st and 3rd fee for service reimbursement.). Proven track record of leveraging funds from multiple sources to improve P/L.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Results oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Eight years of experience leading efforts working in a leadership capacity on the annual independent audits and filings of 990 reports, corporate tax returns and A133 reports.
- Experience leading root cause analysis, financial analysis and business planning activities to drive the business towards profitability. Carries out regular cost containment and revenue maximization activities to improve the business.
- Strong understanding of workflow analysis and how software applications and modifications can drive business performance. Experience reviewing and or /negotiating contracts for voice, data and licensing agreements.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or management is desired but may be waived for a candidate with demonstrated exceptional training and experience.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and start date availability to email@example.com or by mail to LifeBridge Community Services, Human Resources Department, 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport CT 06605.