Parent Leadership Training Institute (PLTI) is a family civics leadership initiative created to improve the lifelong health, safety and learning of all children and youth by helping to develop the leadership skills of parents and youth to make real change – in schools and in communities at local and state levels. Through PLTI’s unique learning experience, participants will commit to 20 weeks of training once a week and complete a community project of their choosing at the end of their training.
While parents participate in the PLTI 20-week training, their children learn along-side them by participating in the Children’s Leadership Training Institute (CLTI). CLTI is a literacy based training for children that focuses on leadership skills, team building skills and community building skills
The PLTI Coordinator is a full time position (35 hours per week) responsible for the coordination, implementation, facilitation and parent leader support for Bridgeport’s parent leadership training initiatives including: Parent Leadership Training Institute (PLTI), People Empowering People (PEP), Parents Supporting Educational Excellence (Parent SEE), Children’s Leadership Training Institute (CLTI), and Teen Leadership Institute (TLI), and all other events and activity including alumni events and activities.
- Four-year degree in related field with 2-3 years’ experience in a management position with an organization focused on leadership, public policy and civic and community engagement preferably in human services. In lieu of a degree, 5-7 years’ experience in a management position with an organization focused on leadership, public policy and civic and community engagement preferably in human services.
- Knowledge of best practices, principles of leadership, involvement and civic engagement in human services and health, education and safety.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, ethnic and cultural groups and volunteers.
- Good program and event coordination, management and ability to work independent.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Invested and engaged with Bridgeport and across Connecticut.
- Computer Proficiency Skills: Microsoft Office, Social media platforms.
- Bilingual abilities a plus.
Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.